It's 6:00 Sunday night and your weekend is winding down. Your focus shifts to the week ahead, and you are pleased with its direction and what you have been tasked with. You are looking forward to the week, feeling positive about your career, your work and your goals. Like many of your colleagues, you know that success is rewarded by honed skills coupled with a sense of pride in getting the job done right. You appreciate the opportunities to collaborate, to share knowledge with your highly skilled team members. You feel energized, empowered because you know us, you know our culture, our professionalism and our unwavering commitment to success. Who are we?
We are IVIONICS, a fast paced and rapidly growing Technology Services Provider, addressing the needs of small to mid-sized clients in the New York Tristate area. Our world class Support and Project Teams are based out of our new facility conveniently located just off the L.I.E. in Hauppauge, NY. Our expert Consultants and Certified Project Teams design and implement robust solutions that exceed the expectations and needs of organizations looking for insight and direction for their IT needs.
IVIONICS is a remarkable company and as such we are experiencing a tremendous period of growth. As a result, we are looking for a few exceptional, highly motivated and team orientated professionals who are eager to grow both personally and professionally within our organization. We will work with you to help develop technical skills through hands on mentoring and systematized training programs. We invite you to invest in your future, and at the same time help us attain our goals. If you feel that you are the precise type of candidate we are looking for, raise your hand and act now.
The role of our Level 3 Support Engineer requires a technically sound and resourceful approach to solving technical challenges. You will provide hands-on technical support services for customer-related technologies that include fulfilling requests, configuring and installing numerous technology assets and resolve more challenging, escalated issues that arise. Upon escalation, the ticket will be assigned to a senior engineer and where appropriate, that team member will work with Level 1 and 2 Engineers towards a resolution making for a hands on training experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver expert service focused on the timely resolution of issues while exceeding client expectations for quality and professionalism.
- Receive incoming technical issues and requests that will include software, hardware and operating system problems for all company and customer-supported technologies. This will include desktops, laptops, wireless devices, peripherals, and commercial as well as proprietary software within the organization.
- Perform escalated break/fix and preventative maintenance functions as necessary: provide hands-on and/or remote support to desktops, laptops, wireless devices, and peripherals. You will also be required to perform escalated hardware/software troubleshooting on servers and other network components.
- Perform all build, configuration, and install services for desktops, laptops, wireless devices, peripherals etc.…
- Receive Escalated issues and requests from lower level (Level 1, 2 Engineers, Application Development, 3rd-party Vendors, etc...) whenever necessary in accordance with pre-defined SLA’s.
- Open, track and resolve each assigned ticket in our in-house problem ticketing system.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline is a plus.
- 4+ years full-time experience in a technical support role.
- Technical certification in a relevant technology discipline. (Preferred)
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid NYS driver’s license and be willing to travel throughout the New York Tristate area.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of internal and customer contacts.
- Able to work flexible shifts (7am-6pm, M-F, 8:30-5:30 Tues-Sat, 8:30-5:30 Sun-Thurs) and be available for 24-7 off-hours coverage rotation (nights & weekends).
- Advanced working knowledge of and hands on experience with:
- Microsoft Windows version through Windows 10 Operating Systems for desktops & laptops
- Microsoft Office versions through Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Server through 2016 including Active Directory, and associated services (DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc.).
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Cloud mail services.
- Networking architecture and equipment (routers, firewalls, switches, cabling, VoIP, etc.)
- Backup-related technologies (hardware/software and cloud solutions)
- VMWare, Citrix and Microsoft Server and Desktop Virtualization solutions
- Storage Area Networks solutions
- Wireless networks and associated devices
- Security- related technologies (multifactor authentication, application control, encryption solutions, etc.)
- Hard Drive Imaging
- Call Center Tools